Support for Employers to hire first-year apprentices – Skilled Trades
- Free access to employer-apprentice matching service
- Free access to mentorship programs
- Free access to diversity and inclusion training
The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum, Aboriginal Apprenticeship Board, Canadian Construction Association, BuildForce, SkillPlan and Apprenticesearch.com are launching a program in September 2022 to provide employers with financial incentives and free training for first year apprentices.
Support the hiring and training of Level 1 Apprentices in Canada.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Small and medium-sized businesses: See eligible construction and manufacturing trades
- Micro (1 to 4 employees)
- Small (5 to 99 employees)
- Medium (100 to 499 employees)
$10,000 per apprentice per year for a max of two Level 1 apprentices if the apprentice identifies as being from an under-represented group.