For years, the Burnaby Board of Trade has seen childcare as an integral building-block to a fully functioning and inclusive economy. Accessible and affordable childcare allows parents return to the workforce, providing businesses with access to labour and fulfilling the economic potential of residents. In particular, a lack of access to childcare has a disproportionate impact on women, preventing or limiting those who wish to participate in the workforce.
Activities and Initiatives:
- Child Care Resource and Referral program – BBOT supports and promote this as an important tool for parents seeking childcare
Efforts and Impact:
- Burnaby Board of Trade Delivers Message to Minister: Childcare and Return to School During COVID-19 is a Clear Economic Issue
- BC Government Releases Back To School Plan for In-Person Education; BBOT Reiterates Education and Childcare Important for Children and Workers
- BBOT’s Burnaby Business Recovery Task Force Identifies Childcare and After-School Programs Essential to COVID-19 Recovery
- BBOT Applauds and Encourages Gradual Re-Opening of K-12 School System