About the City of Burnaby
As the Economic Development arm of the City of Burnaby we understand why doing business in Burnaby makes such good sense:
Maclean’s Magazine named Burnaby “the best run city in Canada” and here are a few reasons why:
- A balanced budget
- A sustainable approach to growth and development
- Lower costs to doing business
- Forward-thinking governance and efficient processes that accomodate regional growth
- International recognition as an education hub that offers access to all levels of education
- Geographical centre of Metro Vancouver with easy access via highway, bike routes and transit
- Diversified local economy with thriving industry clusters such as information technology, wireless, biotechnology/services, film, education, tourism and professional services
- A progressive and innovative Board of Trade
Related articles on Burnaby:
For more information on the City of Burnaby visit: www.burnaby.ca
Burnaby is also a wonderful tourist destination. As the third largest city in British Columbia and as a close neighbour to Vancouver, Burnaby offers cost effective alternatives for hotels, restaurants and conference centres and is home to a vibrant arts and culture community.
Tourism Burnaby says, “located on the border of Vancouver, Burnaby features something for everyone. With 25% green space, it’s a haven for outdoor activities for everything from running trails to bird-watching. Burnaby is also home to British Columbia’s largest shopping mall, theatres showcasing plays and musicals, a full range of restaurants and more.
Find out more at Tourism Burnaby.