COVID-19 Response and Recovery
The Burnaby Board of Trade in collaboration with business, education and community partners, is working to secure an economic future that promotes equity and sustainability, attracts employers, creates jobs, and generates pride in local, independent, and community-involved businesses.
BBOT Programs and Activities:
- Digital Development Assistance Program – The Digital Development Assistance Program (DDA Program) is a new initiative of the Burnaby Board of Trade that provides small businesses, non-profits and solopreneurs with direct, hands-on support to build, optimize, and enhance their digital activities
- Building Resilience to Thrive Certificate Training Program with BC Chamber Network to enhance leadership capacity.
BBOT Task Forces and Consultations:
- BBOT Leads Burnaby Business Recovery Task Force
- Recommendation from Burnaby Business Recovery Task Force Establishes Burnaby Centre for Excellence to support business recovery and to support long-term resilience and sustainability.
- BBOT Joins BC Government’s COVID-19 Industry Engagement Table
- BBOT Participates in Exclusive Pre-Budget Consultation to Push for Business Supports and Strategic Investments
- Burnaby Board of Trade Launches COVID-19 Resource Page
- Burnaby Board of Trade Releases “PPE & COVID-19 Safety Equipment Supplier List” To Support Business Re-Opening
Our Efforts and Impact:
- Burnaby Board of Trade Calls For Renewing COVID-19 Tax Cuts and Deferrals
- Burnaby Centre for Excellence to support business recovery and to support long-term resilience and sustainability.
- BBOT Recommendations for BC Recovery and Restart; Calls for an “Orientation to Yes” in Government
- BBOT Calls for Extension to Allowable Duration for Temporary Lay Offs as Deadline Looms for Termination, Severance
- PPE Grants, Commercial Rent Supports, and Prioritizing Childcare Among “Quick Start” Priorities for Business Recovery Task Force
- Advocacy Win – BBOT Applauds Changes to Canada Emergency Business Account Loan Program
- Property Taxes Cut and Late Fees Waived by Province Following BBOT Advocacy; BBOT Applauds Move To Address Rent/Lease Crisis
- The Burnaby Board of Trade Strongly Applauds Federal Government’s Announcement on 75% Wage Subsidy, Interest-Free Loans
connect with us