Small Business Relief Fund Provides $10,000 Grants – Applications Open June 1-June 12
Small businesses are the heart of our communities and the backbone of Canada’s economy.
As part of its Canadian Business Resilience Network campaign, of which the Burnaby Board of Trade is a founding member, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce will provide 62 small Canadian businesses from coast to coast to coast with $10,000 grants to help their recovery efforts during these unprecedented times. Applications open June 1 until June 12 – click here.
Businesses can use the $10,000 grants to support their recovery efforts, including paying salaries, acquiring safety and personal protective equipment for staff, replenishing materials or paying for the measures required to adapt business models to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
To be eligible to apply, businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company; and,
- Have between 2 and 50 employees; and,
- Have been in business for two years as of March 1, 2020; and,
- Have an annual revenue between $150,000 CAD and $5,000,000 CAD; and,
- Have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Meet the other eligibility criteria set out in the program’s terms and conditions.
Your application should demonstrate how being a grant recipient would help your business recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and support its resilience. The assessment will be based on your proposal and expected outcome.