Dr. Henry Confirms Repeal of Vaccine Card and COVID Safety Plans – April 8
Announced today, the provincial health officer has confirmed the repeal of Vaccine Card and COVID Safety Plans, adding the removal of post-secondary residencies requiring proof of vaccination.
Effective Friday, April 8:
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required under public health order to access businesses, events and services
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry
- Federal proof of vaccination is still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- Businesses will no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for post-secondary student housing
Click here for an overview of these updates and other changes to the provincial public health act.