City of Burnaby Environmental Awards Are Now Open
It’s that time of year again where Burnaby celebrates the environmental excellence of its community!
The 2017 City of Burnaby Environmental Awards Program nomination process is now open. Nominations must be received by Friday, March 31st.
There are two levels of awards: the Environmental Award for significant achievements over multiple years or for projects or initiatives of significant scope and complexity, with potential for broad and long-lasting positive impact on the community, and the Environmental Star for achievements of a lesser scale, scope and complexity, but nonetheless still significant.
Awards may be presented in six categories:
- Business Stewardship
- Community Stewardship
- Green Choices
- Planning and Development
View the 2017 Terms of Reference. Hard copies are available at City Hall. For more information, or if you have questions about the program or the nomination process, please contact the City of Burnaby Planning Department at 604-294-7400.
How do I nominate a deserving candidate?
You can submit an on-line nomination today. A print version Nomination Form is also available and may be submitted to the City Burnaby Planning Department, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1M2. The 2017 deadline for submission is March 31, 2017.
The attached Terms of Reference and Nomination Form provide detailed information about the program, the award categories and the process.
Time for only a quick glance, then just note the following:
- Submission deadline for nominations: Friday, March 31st, 2017
- There are six (6) categories for awards: Business Stewardship, Communications, Community Stewardship, Green Choices, Planning and Development, and Youth.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Visit www.burnaby.ca/environmentawards for the online nomination information and to view a list of past recipients
- Selected recipients will receive their awards at a regular meeting of Council on Monday, May 29