Board Diversity Forum: Learn to Diversify Board and Governance Structures
MOSAIC Centre for Diversity is pleased to invite you to the Board Diversity Forum. This free workshop will be held online on Wednesday, June 8th, from 6:00-7:30pm. This activity is part of MOSAIC’s SCOPE project, that is made possible through funding from the Government of Canada.
Why should you attend?
- Have a better understanding why diversity on board matters
- Know how to onboard and retain diverse board members
- Explore tools for increasing board diversity and inclusivity
- Get a database of racialized immigrants interested in volunteering on boards
Who should attend?
- Executive Directors/ CEOs, Board Members, Nomination Committee members or staff responsible for Board recruitment (two seats per organization)
What will you get out of it?
- Reflection on your current board EDI practices
- Practical steps to ensure that your Board is prepared for diverse voices
- Opportunity to recruit our SCOPE cohort members on your board committee
- Possibility to become a SCOPE Employer Partner and engage in a longer in-depth EDI journey with us
Registration link: https://boarddiversityforum.eventbrite.ca
The Social and Civic Opportunities; Pathways to Equity [SCOPE] project provides racialized immigrants a voice by diversifying governing bodies. The main goal of the project is to foster equitable social and civic engagement opportunities for racialized newcomers.
Pillar I: SCOPE is providing opportunities to 70 racialized immigrants to attend training and forums on board governance, leadership, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. The participants have access to a Peer-led platform where they connect, share, inform and learn ways to meaningfully participate in the community.
Pillar II: MOSAIC is creating partnerships and engaging organizations that are interested in having immigrant and refugee lived experience at their decision-making tables and creating opportunities for placements on boards that match participant’s interests.