Applications Now Open for BC’s $1000 COVID-19 Benefit
BC Emergency Benefit for Workers
This is a one-time, tax-free $1000 payment to BC workers impacted by job loss due to COVID-19. More info is here.
- Have been a resident of British Columbia on March 15, 2020 and at least 15 years old
- Meet the eligibility requirements for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and have a successful CERB application (regardless if you’ve been paid yet)
- Have filed, or agree to file, a 2019 B.C. income tax return
- Not be receiving provincial income assistance or disability assistance
- You can apply online starting May 1, 2020 and by telephone May 4, 2020, and have until December 2 to apply.
- You will need your social insurance number, your direct deposit information from your financial institution, and the details of your successful CERB application.