CONTEST: Shop Local This Black Friday & Cyber Monday and We Could Pay Your Bills!
This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, shop local and the Burnaby Board of Trade could pay your bill for you!
Given the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, our local businesses need your support during what is a critical time of year for many of them. This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, shop locally — whether in-person, online, or for pick up — and you can support our local businesses and keep dollars here in our community. Plus, you’ll have a chance to have the Burnaby Board of Trade pay your bill for you!
From Friday, November 27 to Monday November 30 each time you shop or dine at a Burnaby business you can enter your receipt for a chance to have the Burnaby Board of Trade pay it for you (up to $100)! On Tuesday, lucky winners will be chosen at random and the Burnaby Board of Trade will reimburse them for the amount of their receipt.
This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, help us support local businesses by shopping local — and have a chance to let us Pay Your Bill!
How Does it Work?
- Shop or dine at a Burnaby-based business between Friday, November 27 and Monday, November 30
- Submit a scan, snap, or copy of your receipt to BuyLocalContest@BBOT.ca by 9:00am on December 1 to enter
- On December 1, three submitted receipts will be drawn at random and the BBOT will pay the submitting party the amount of the receipt, up to $100
- To be eligible, the receipt must be:
- Participants do not need to live in Burnaby but must be 19 years or older to enter
- Participants can enter more than once but each submission must contain one unique receipt which meets the above criteria
- Winning participants will receive reimbursement for the full amount of their receipt (up to $100) or for $100 (if the receipt is valued at more than $100). The reimbursement will be issued by cheque in CAD currency and will be payable within 30 days of the end of the contest.