Retail Connections – Immigrant Youth Employment Program
“To discover yourself, to know yourself, you have to apply to this program!”
– GA, Retail Connections Participant
Are you ready to learn how to jump-start your career in Canada?
We are excited to announce our next Retail Connections – Immigrant Youth Retail Employment Program start date: May 2nd, 2016!
The Retail Connections Program is an employment and skills training program that helps unemployed and underemployed immigrant youth and young adults to gain the skills and experience needed to find employment in the retail industry.
What does it include?
Job Readiness Training:
- Personality and Career Assessments
- Confidence, Time-management and Stress-management training
- 4-week full-time classroom-based job search and retail specific training
- 8-week one-on-one coaching and follow up support
- Essential Skills Assessment and Training
- WorldHost Customer Service Training and Certificate
- First Aid Training and Certificate
- Food Safe Training and Certificate
- Career Mentoring
Job Retention Support:
- Post-employment follow-up support
- Personal management skills training
- Connections to community services
- Workplace orientation
We welcome jobseekers who are:
- Unemployed or underemployed working less than 20 hours/week
- Non-EI eligible
- 15-30 years old
- Permanent Residence, Canadian Citizen or Protected Personnel
- Able to commit to a minimum of 4 weeks of full-time training
- Not participating in another Canada Job Fund Employment Services & Support program
- Residents of the Lower Mainland
The start date for the next program cycle is May 2nd, 2016. Seats for this program are limited!
For more information contact: RetailConnections@nsms.ca or call us at 778-927-2931
Please see more details in flyer below.