New Grant Program for B.C. Manufacturers

The Accelerating Manufacturing Scale-Up Grant program provides funding to eligible businesses to help them adjust to the economic changes created by the COVID-19 pandemic and better prepare for the future.  This program provides funding to specific projects, offering 75% of the project cost in a non-repayable grant.

Read below for details of this program, or visit the official site here

Eligibility: 

  • You must be a B.C. small or medium-sized manufacturing business with:
    • Sole or primary operations in B.C.
    • Paid business taxes in B.C. for the last tax year
    • Employs between 2 and 149 people in B.C. for the calendar year
  • You may also be part of a Group in Collaboration which is
    • A group of two or more small or medium-sized manufacturing businesses working together on a project, where at least one project partner has:
      • Sole or primary operations in B.C.
      • Paid business taxes in B.C. for the last tax year
      • Employs between 2 and 149 people in B.C. for the calendar year

How It Works:

  • The program will provide 75% of project costs to a maximum of $250,000 for individual business projects, or up to $500,000 for projects by a group of businesses.  The remaining 25% can be put up by the applicant, or can be from other government programs.
  • Projects must be implemented and completed no later than January 31, 2022
  • An eligible project can include any of the following activities:1. Prototype, pilot or demonstration of new technology
    • Trialing production efficiency methods
    • Design and construction of a pilot project that involves a potential customer
    • Pilot plant commissioning, testing mechanical systems
    • Data collection and recording
    • Equipment, capital investment

    2. Commercialization of new technology and/or product

    • Supporting patenting/IP protection
    • Validation of product features and product performance
    • Preparing reports and documentation
    • Getting certified/ testing of products to pass certification

    3. Market access/marketing

    • Accessing co-manufacturing capacity
    • Supply chain support or business development to enter new markets

    4. Manufacturing diagnostic

    • This activity is for projects that want to make process and operational improvements so their business can increase production capacity and be more profitable and competitive.
    • Activities include a technology assessment that aims to identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and/or equipment. Assessment should focus on manufacturing modernization, building resilience, and developing new revenue generating opportunities.

How To Apply:

  • Grant applications will be accepted between April 15 and May 31, 2021
  • Applications from the shipbuilding, aerospace, forestry, and food processing sectors will be given priority
  • Apply online here