Launch Online Grant – BC Grant Program to Help Pay for Setting Up E-Commerce Sites or Online Booking Platforms
Launch Online Grant
The Launch Online Grant program provides funding to BC business to create an online shop or online booking platform to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
This new grant is first-come-first-served, with the exception of 30% being held specifically for businesses located outside of the Lower Mainland and Capital Region, or which are owned by Indigenous individuals or people of colour. This program was accepting applications until September 30, 2021 or until funds were used up. The application period has now closed.
- BC-based business
- Less than 149 employees
- Generated sales of more than $30,000 in the past year (in 2019, or in the year preceding the application)
- Does not currently have an online store or online booking platform, or has one that has specific limitations (see government page for full details)
What the Funding Covers:
- Service provider costs:
- Site/platform and website development
- Copy and online content writing
- Developing an online inventory of goods, products and services
- Pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos or related graphics
- Digital customer acquisition costs:
- E-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- Online advertising (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Creating banners and other embedded advertising
- Staff training to manage the online shop or booking system, learn about digital marketing, etc.
- Successful applicants must use one or more B.C.-based service provider(s) to build or improve their online store or booking system. Find a local service provider by searching here.
- You must start and finish your online shop or booking system within 12 weeks, and it must meet certain specifications
- You must submit a project proposal in order to get funding
connect with us