Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP) Guarantee
The Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP) allows businesses heavily impacted by COVID-19 to access guaranteed, low-interest loans of $25,000 to $1 million to cover operational cash flow needs. The loans are offered through your own financial institution, with 100% guarantee by the federal government to ensure your access. For full details, contact your financial institution, or visit the BDC website which is helping to administer this program.
These loans are designed for small and medium-sized businesses that have seen their revenues decrease by 50% or more as a result of COVID-19.
HASCAP is available to businesses across the country, in all sectors, that have been hit hard by the pandemic. This includes restaurants, businesses in the tourism and hospitality sectors, and those that rely on in-person service, but all sectors can apply if they meet the eligibility.
- A year-over-year revenue decline of at least 50% in three months (not necessarily consecutive) out of the eight months prior to their application
- Must have previously applied for either the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy or the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- Loan must be used to resume or continue operations, and cannot be used to pay or refinance existing debt
- Business must have been stable and financially viable pre-COVID
- Must be a Canadian based business
Loan Details :
- Loan amounts will range from $25,000 to $1 million
- Loans will have “low-interest rates” and repayment terms of up to 10 years
- Businesses can get up to 12-months for a grace period before principle repayment needs to begin
- Applications are made through your primary financial institution
- Applications will begin on February 1, 2021 and the program is available until December 31, 2021
connect with us