Grow Your Business Online Grant
The Grow Your Business Online Grant is a new program from the federal government designed to help businesses increase their e-commerce capabilities by developing their ability to sell goods and services online, and to market online to new customers.
Eligible businesses can apply to receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs related to adopting e-commerce and be supported by a network of e-commerce advisors to help them implement and maximize their efforts.
For a summary of the program, read below. For full information and to apply, visit the government site.
The grants will be for up to $2,400 and can be towards the cost of activities including, but not limited to:
- Implementation of a digital e-commerce plan (e.g. online reservation/booking tools, online ordering systems, electronic payments)
- Website search optimization
- Installation of an e-commerce platform (including subscription fees/costs)
- Back-office solutions to support an e-commerce strategy
- Social media advertising
- Creation of customer databases
E-commerce advisors will have the opportunity to work with local small businesses to assess their digital needs and help them develop their e-commerce strategies and deploy new digital technologies.
Advisors will receive training from their service provider covering several topics including how the grant works, various e-commerce solutions, cyber security basics, and
online communication skills.
Applications can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business, and can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee
- Must commit to maintaining digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains, franchises or registered charities
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate brokerages