Funding Deadline: Women Entrepreneurship Fund – November 15
The Government of Canada’s Women Entrepreneurship Fund is currently accepting applications for funding, but the deadline of November 15th is fast approaching!
The objective of the Women Entrepreneurship Fund is to provide support to women to grow their businesses and facilitate their pursuit of opportunities in markets abroad. The Fund will provide up to $100,000 in non-repayable contribution funding for projects or initiatives lasting up to 12 months.
The Women Entrepreneurship Fund will fund women-owned and women-led businesses to invest in activities that focus on:
- Supporting pursuit of market opportunities abroad (e.g. international marketing strategy, supply chain integration, promotions, business advisory services, online presence/website development)
- Supporting Scale-up, Expansion and Growth (e.g. product/service development and improvement, inventory management, value stream mapping, upgrades to plant and equipment, process and technology improvements
- Additional activities that support the objectives of the Women Entrepreneurship Fund
To be eligible for funding from the Women Entrepreneurship Fund, applicants must be:
- A for-profit organization;
- Women-owned and/or women-led business;
- A small to medium enterprise (SME) (under 499 employees); and
- A business in operation for a minimum of two years.