Funding for Non Profits Available from Community Response Fund
The Community Response Fund is a special fund to rapidly deploy essential relief to organizations in BC (with priority given to charities in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley) who are providing front-line services to vulnerable populations whose staff, volunteers, programs, and operations have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. Applications are not currently being accepted.
The Fund is led by the Vancouver Foundation, Vancity credit union, United Way of the Lower Mainland, and the City of Vancouver, and is currently accepting requests for funding consideration between $10,000 to $50,000.
In order to respond to the immediate needs of community in the face of this pandemic, the Fund is prioritizing funding to frontline charities with the following criteria/eligibility:
- Be a qualified donee or you can partner with an intermediary to carry out the activities associated with the funding request.
- Based in BC. The current priority is to support charities in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley. They will accept requests from areas outside those two regions to help assess need and determine when to expand their criteria.
- Serve vulnerable populations in your community.
- Must demonstrate an intention to use funding to address at least one of the following priority areas:
- Immediate needs of low-income populations caused by COVID-19 related closures, including access to food, hygiene, housing and other basic needs.
- The economic impact of reduced and lost work within the charitable sector.
- The information needs among our vulnerable community members to promote resiliency and mitigate fear and confusion.
- Mobilizing our citizens to assist their vulnerable neighbours with the challenges they are facing from isolation.
connect with us