Charlford House Seeking New Board Members
Charlford House has helped thousands of women and their families start new lives by breaking the vicious cycle of addiction. We are a not-for-profit Society and registered Charity, providing a supportive and caring environment for women with substance use issues. Based in North Burnaby, we have been providing residential care for women entering into recovery from alcohol and drug addiction for more than 45 years. The Board of Directors is actively recruiting community members who share the Society’s vision to lead the Society as it moves forward at a critical juncture in its long and successful history, and to participate in the varied organizational activities that underpin our Society. This is a very active period for the Society, and the Board has committed to expanding itself in order to meet the Society’s needs.
You can help us do this through your skills and knowledge in:
- PR, Marketing and Communications
- Fund Development
- Real Estate Development and Project Management
- Social Enterprise Start-Up
Skills and Experience:
- An interest in or lived experience of addiction/recovery is an asset
- Knowledge of non-profit/charitable organization context and operating procedures an asset
- We welcome a diverse range of skills, experience and background, both professional and personal
- Monthly Board meetings (two hours/meeting), plus additional Committee meetings based on interest and skills.
- Minimum commitment of one year.
Benefits and Recognition:
- You will be making a contribution that makes a fundamental, life-changing difference for women and their families
- You will have the opportunity to impact the mission of this organization at a critical time in its development.
- Community involvement and creation
Charlford House Society for Women