Be a Superhero For Seniors!
Burnaby Community Services is inviting 30 individuals in the community to dress up as superheroes and walk in their float called “Superheroes for Seniors” within the local Hats Off Day Parade on June 1st, 2019. Each superhero will collect pledges and the funds raised will support Burnaby Community Services, Burnaby Meals on Wheels, and Burnaby Seniors Outreach to:
- Start up a new dementia-friendly café in the Burnaby Heights neighbourhood. Learn more about dementia-friendly communities at our upcoming event.
- Expand the seniors transportation program to also take seniors to non-medical appointment appointments.
- Subsidize nutritious meals for seniors living with low-income, and deliver it to them.
- Provide lunch companions to isolated seniors on a monthly basis.
- Train peer counselors and outreach volunteers to support other seniors and help remove barriers.
If ANY of the actions above mean something to you, then I hope that you’ll support us and help it all possible. >>> You can make your pledge here <<<
Or if you’d like to dress up as a superhero and walk in the parade with us, then please let my colleague Alex know (email@example.com).