BBOT Member Survey results and Lucky Draw winners
A big thank you to all who responded to our recent Member Satisfaction and Business Sentiment Survey. It is essential we hear from and listen to our members as we plan our programs, events and initiatives to support business. This was the first of a number of brief surveys we’ll be sending out this year to ensure we are delivering the resources and supports needed by you, our members.
We asked some questions around your satisfaction with the work we do on your behalf and we were delighted that so many of you strongly feel we are satisfying our mandate of being a Catalyst for economic development, a Convener of business and community connections and a Champion for the business community.
Although we are pleased with and grateful for this tremendous show of support, we will continue to strive to improve how we serve you, our members.
Some key findings from the business sentiment part of the survey were:
- 76% of respondents feel optimistic or very optimistic about their business prospects for this year
- The top issues facing respondents were:
- Inflation/rising costs 48%
- Attracting/retaining employees 47%
- Expanding digital capabilities 31%
- Business taxes 31%
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in business 24%
- When asked for the most important subjects for training/workshops/professional development
- Leadership development 62%
- Growing sales 52%
- Recruiting/retaining talent 45%
- Digital transformation 41%
We will be taking a deeper dive into these subjects through more focused surveys and hope we can count on your support.
Congratulations to the winners of our lucky draw who each win $100 gift cards to one of our member restaurants!
Andrew G., Ricoh Canada
Azin S., Realize Strategies
Denise JC., Hello Beautiful Sewing & Design Inc