BBOT Event Highlights Breadth of Sustainability Innovation in Burnaby
Thanks to everyone who made this year’s Sustainability and Innovation Talks event such a success!
Held at the Element Hotel on June 27, Sustainability and Innovation Talks featured rapid-fire presentations from a suite of sustainability-minded speakers from across our region covering a variety of environmental topics.
- Karen Storry (Metro Vancouver) on eliminating textile waste from our landfills
- Adam Corneil (Unbuilders) on deconstruction as opposed to demolition and how to re-use and reclaim previously-purposed wood
- Ninna and Winston (BC Bee Supply) on the importance of nurturing urban hives and the value of pollinators
- Allan Langdon (Encorp/Return-It) on the breadth of recycling programs in BC and where we go from here
- Ian Levitt (Trans Mountain) on how resource companies can have commitment to sustainability
- Andy Lewicki (Ricky’s Restaurant) on driving sustainable performance through a restaurant chain
- Shahina Jessa (FortisBC) on driving sustainability metrics through their business
This event provided a informative snapshot of the diverse actions organizations and individuals across Burnaby and the region are taking to increase their sustainable performance. For more business sustainability information, visit our award-winning environmental platform, The Pledge for a Sustainable Community at bbotpledge.ca
Thanks to our generous sponsors who made this event possible.
Thanks for our Gold Sponsors: