Toque it to Cancer: Burnaby 8 Rinks, January 16th
Skating Has Never Felt More Refreshing and Satisfying to the Core
Skate to Fight Cancer with Toque it to Cancer, a brand new event, hosted by the Canadian Cancer Society on January 16th, 2016 at Burnaby 8 Rinks on 1:30 PM.
Don’t miss the early bird registration deadline on December 1st, 2015! Before the registration fees increase.
Participants who fundraise over $150 will receive a warm and cool Canadian Cancer Society Toque as well as the overall satisfaction of knowing they did something amazing!
Gather your friends, family and co-workers now, to create a team and raise awareness and funds for cancer research and support programs. With the funds from fundraising, the Canadian Cancer Society can continue to provide lodges for cancer patients away from home.
The event is open to anyone who wants to take a stand in the fight against cancer. The event itself is a 5km “Skate-a-thon” where participants and teams skate to fight against cancer. This is a family friendly event that is not to be missed! There will be hot chocolates provided to participants for the event.
Ways to Get Involved
Form a Team!
- Create a team and register at www.cancer.ca/toqueitbc
- Think of fun and create ways to host a fundraiser. Have a bake sale at work or host a trivia night. Anything is possible with a little imagination!
- We need fund and dedicated individuals to help us plan and run the event.
- We need event day volunteers as well as committee members.
- Interested? Email us at email@example.com
- Food for thought: Did you know that survival rates for cancer are only 63%?
- Help us help those on their cancer journey by simply visiting our event page and making a donation. Every little bit helps!
We are always looking for prizes for our events so if you have something fun that you would like to give, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org