Update: Lane Closures for Gas Line Upgrade
As part of important gas line upgrades by FortisBC, lane closures are now in place on Lougheed Highway in Burnaby. This means that currently:
- Work continues east along Lougheed Highway this week, extending to just west of Sperling Avenue.
- Lane closures between Holdom to Kensington Avenues, with traffic being moved to the south side of the street and reduced to one lane in each direction.
- The intersection of Sperling Avenue and Lougheed Highway is unaffected and will remain open in all directions.
- Construction is anticipated to finish mid-November.
- Burnaby construction hours: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
The BBOT has been communicating information about this closure to members in the area for several months, including at a joint BBOT-Fortis event in June, and will continue to share updates with the business community.
If you have questions about this project, visit Fortis’s TalkingEnergy.ca site or watch the below fly-over video explaining the route through Burnaby.