BC “COVID-19 Closure Relief Grant” for Businesses Closed by December 22 Orders
Applications open January 12 through February 28, 2022
The COVID-19 Closure Relief Grant will provide grants to businesses that had to close specifically due to the December 22, 2021 Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders.
The grant will provide one-time funding in the range of $1,000 to $20,000 based on the number of employees a business has and whether the business could re-open as of January 20, or continued to be closed by order. Funds can be used to cover rent, wages, perishable food loss, maintenance, and other relevant business uses. This support can and should be coupled with the new federal Local Lockdown Program by businesses forced to close.
Applications are open now and will close at end of day, February 28, 2022 Click here for more information and to apply.
To be eligible, businesses must meet the following requirements:
- The business has been in operation and registered in B.C. as of November 1, 2021
- The business had to fully close to comply with the December 22, 2021 Provincial Health Officer orders. Examples of businesses ordered to closed include:
- Bars, nightclubs and lounges that do not serve full meals
- Pilates and yoga studios
- Barre and spin studios
- Gyms offering indoor high or low intensity group exercise classes
- Event venues that can no longer hold events
The funding amount for each business is based how many B.C. employees or contracted staff they have.
|Number of employees/staff||Amount per business
(if opened on
|Amount per business
(if still closed on Jan 20)
|1 to 4||$2,000||$4,000|
|5 to 99||$5,000||$10,000|