Charlford House Society for Women Seeking New Board Members
Charlford House Society for Women: Our mission is to provide women with a safe, healthy, and caring environment in which to experience recovery from addiction.
Seeking New Board Members:
24/24 – not just 24/7. We are very excited about the next 24 months! You can be part of the team that helps Charlford House purchase and build it’s new location! Rather than “bursting at the seams”, it will allow for expanded programming space and a capacity increase from 15 to 24 women. Take this journey with us, as we to prepare to save and transform even more lives, and by extension, families and communities.
Based in Burnaby and licensed through Fraser Health, we have been providing residential treatment for women for over 48 (that’s 24 x 2) years! With your help, we will ensure the sustainability of Charlford House for generations to come.
The Nominating Committee is actively recruiting Board Members who have the desire, knowledge and expertise to lead the Society at this critical and active juncture. We also require Board members to participate in the varied organizational activities that underpin the Society. As we move towards securing our “Forever Home”, we are seeking men and women who share our vision, to serve as Directors on the Board.
At a minimum, this position requires a two-year commitment of attending monthly Board Meetings at our facility in North Burnaby and your active engagement to encourage advancement of the Society’s capacity to serve. This includes your hands-on participation in various projects and initiatives that will assist us in carrying out our mandate while expanding the organization.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of best practices in the non-profit sector is an asset
- A diverse range of skills, experience, and backgrounds, both professional and personal, is welcome
- Preference will be given to financial management, capital /construction project development, and high-level fundraising candidates
- An interest in or lived experience of addiction /recovery is an asset
Benefits and Recognition:
- Making a contribution that creates a fundamental, life-changing difference for women, their families and communities
- The opportunity to impact the mission of the Society at a crucial time in its development
- Community involvement and creation
- Monthly Board meetings (two hours/meeting), plus additional Committee meetings based on interest and skills
- Minimum commitment of two years
To apply for the Charlford House Board, please respond with CV or Resume to:
Miranda Vecchio, Executive Director