Charlford House is seeking New Board Members
If you would like to lend your PASSION AND COMPASSION to a cause that will have a generational impact on society’s MOST VULNERABLE WOMEN AND FAMILIES, then you need look no further.
Charlford House Society for Women is actively recruiting Board Members who have the desire, knowledge and expertise to lead the Society at this critical and active juncture. We also require Board members to participate in the varied organizational activities that underpin the Society. As we move forward, we are seeking individuals who share our vision, to serve as Directors on the Board.
At a minimum, this position requires a two-year commitment of attending monthly Board Meetings either virtually or at our facility in North Burnaby (whichever the occasion calls for) and your active engagement to encourage advancement of the Society’s capacity to serve. This includes your hands-on participation in various projects and initiatives that will assist us in carrying out our mandate while expanding the organization.
We invite you to TAKE THIS JOURNEY WITH US, as we to prepare to save and transform even more lives, and by extension, families and communities.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of best practices in the non-profit sector is an asset
- A diverse range of skills, experience, and backgrounds, both professional and personal, is welcome
- Preference will be given to those with expertise in: Finance /accounting; Strategic planning; real estate development; High level fundraising – capital campaign /major giving;
- An interest in or lived experience of addiction /recovery is an asset
Benefits and Recognition:
- Making a contribution that creates a fundamental, life-changing difference for women, their families and communities
- The opportunity to impact the mission of the Society at a crucial time in its development
- Community involvement and creation
- Monthly Board meetings (two hours/meeting), plus additional Committee meetings based on interest and skills
- Minimum commitment of two years
To apply for the Charlford House Board, please respond with CV or Resume to:
Miranda Vecchio, Executive Director