Welcome to the EXIT section of the BBOT’s Business Resource Guide.
The below are resource, tools, information, and contacts to help you when you want to EXIT your business, sell, and move on to the next opportunity.
Once your business is successful and sustainable, or if you are looking to retire or move on to a new challenge, you may want to sell your business. This provide you with income and keeps a viable business in operation.
The below links provide various helpful resources to assist when your considering selling your business.
- Canada Business Network – Exiting Your Business
- This website has information on what to do to exit a business, whether you are closing for good, handing your business over to friends or family, or selling it.
- Small Business BC – Legal Obligations
- This article covers some basic legal obligations to consider when exiting a business.
- Women’s Enterprise Centre – Valuing the Business
- One of the most important tasks, and biggest challenges, when selling a business is determining its sale value.
- Dissolution Forms – BC Registry Services
- BDC – Selling Your Business