Burnaby Board of Trade is Hiring! Join our team as Events Coordinator
The Burnaby Board of Trade is looking for a passionate and personable individual to join our small team of dedicated professionals serving the Burnaby business community in the role of Events Coordinator. If you’d like to explore a career with the Burnaby Board of Trade and are interested in ‘making business better’, let’s talk!
Read about the position below, and please direct any questions, or your resume and cover letter, to Cory Redekop by email.
About the Position – Events Coordinator
The Burnaby Board of Trade is the largest and most active business networking, advocacy and economic development organizations in Burnaby, and works to foster a supportive community of businesses, professionals and entrepreneurs.
This position is responsible for an integral part of the Burnaby Board of Trade’s offerings and forms an important part of a vibrant and lively team of professionals serving the 1,100 members of the board of trade.
This role will be responsible for conceptualizing, organizing and executing the Burnaby Board of Trade’s portfolio of 60+ events annually. This role is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of Burnaby Board of Trade events of varying sizes and formats throughout the year, including networking receptions, keynote speaker events, and educational seminars.
The coordinator is responsible for all aspects of events, including event marketing and communications, promoting event attendance, managing event budgets, and day-of event administration. The coordinator will also assist with the acquisition and retention of event sponsors, and the execution of sponsorship deliverables.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, love meeting new people and networking, and have an eye for detail and skills at project management. Experience with special events management will be an asset, but having the right personality and mindset to fit our team and support our members will be key!
Reports to: Manager, Policy & Stakeholder Relations
Responsibilities will include:
- coordinate, organize and execute all aspects of the Burnaby Board of Trade’s event portfolio including scheduling, liaising with suppliers, sourcing speakers, managing volunteers and attendees, event administration and materials preparation, and set-up and take-down of events and meetings
- conceptualize and develop new event ideas, formats and topics, and review and improve existing Burnaby Board of Trade events
- market and promote events to the Burnaby Board of Trade’s audience to drive interest and participation using various communications channels including WordPress website, social media, email campaigns, and others
- attend all Burnaby Board of Trade functions and events throughout the year and represent the organization positively
- assist with the development of sponsorship documents, manage contracts and payments, ensure execution of sponsorship deliverables, and assist with sponsorship aquisition
- meet or exceed revenue targets for events via ticket sales, sponsor acquisition and management of costs
- write copy for event promotional and marketing materials, speaking notes, agendas, BBOT.ca website, and other communication and marketing pieces
- attend outside events and committee meetings as required (community events, City of Burnaby committees, etc)
- engage positively with Burnaby Board of Trade members at all opportunities
- occasional front desk and administration support
- other duties as applicable and assigned
- Access to own car and applicable licenses is essential