39th Annual Terry Fox Run at Swanguard Stadium Saturday September 15th
The 39th annual Terry Fox Run will be held on Sunday, September 15th at Swangard Stadium, Central Park in Burnaby. This event continues to be important to our community and to Terry’s legacy of cancer research. The generosity of the Burnaby community contributed almost $30,000 towards the over $750 million raised for cancer research last year. Our objective this year is to raise $50,000 and have 500 participants in the run.
Unfortunately, every family has been touched by Cancer at some point. The Terry Fox Run was the original event organized to raise funds for charity, specifically Cancer Research. The Terry Fox Foundation’s support for cancer research, since 1980, has created medical advancement in cancer treatment which has saved countless lives all over the world. It’s improving, but we still need your help.
You can support in the following ways:
- Donate a gift card toward the purchase of refreshments or supplies
- Donate refreshments or supplies (ex. granola bars, juice boxes, bagels, fruit, etc.)
- Make a financial contribution (we can issue you a tax receipt)
- Promote the event within your business and encourage employees to participate and/or donate
The Terry Fox Run is unique in that
- It is accessible to everyone who wants to participate (no registration fees and minimum amount to donate)
- It continues to lead in fiscally responsible fundraising with 82 per cent going to cancer research
- No operational budget for Organizing Committees (all suppliers, refreshment and funds are to be donated)